71°

Upcoming: Senior Grad Nite Trip

The seniors who signed up for the Disneyland trip will be leaving on May 23 for this unique experience.

This year, many seniors are attending Summerville Union’s Senior Grad Nite trip to Disneyland Parks. 

The Grad Nite trip is a coveted event for seniors—a much anticipated last hurrah—to celebrate the end of senior year. 

According to Mrs. Soto, ASB advisor and Leadership teacher, this trip is for seniors specifically to celebrate their graduation from Summerville High. 

The Senior Trip is a trip to celebrate graduation in an off-campus trip. We attend Disneyland Park and [then] California Adventure. [California Adventure] is closed between 9:00 PM and 10:00 PM to the public and only open to schools to celebrate graduation,” shared Mrs. Soto. 

While the times of departure are not yet finalized, registration for the trip has already closed and these details will likely be solidified shortly. 

“It is past the time where students can sign up with a more guaranteed seat for this trip, as tickets have already been purchased. I am always willing to try to work with the travel company we use if someone comes and talks to me, but often by this time tickets are sold out and seniors have had since November to sign up,” Mrs. Soto stated. 

Senior Kyra Hopp shared that while she is looking forward to this trip, some of her friends are unfortunately unable to attend.

“I am excited that I get the opportunity to go on a trip with my class. I am upset because some of my closest friends are not able to attend, but I still get to go with other people,” shared Hopp. 

Senior Kendall Grandbois is also very excited for this trip since she has never been able to go to Disneyland before. 

“I’m hyped. I’ve never been to Disneyland before. I’m excited since there won’t be any sticky kids. It will be everyone our age,” shared Grandbois. 

Senior Sam Busch shared a similar excitement for this unique experience. 

“I am very excited for this trip. I get to go to Disneyland with my friends and I think it will be a very fun experience,” stated Busch. 

Many seniors are also looking forward to different things and activities inside of Disneyland Parks. Senior Kyra Hopp explained that she is looking forward to the food. 

“[I am looking forward to] the churros and the chicken legs. The big chicken legs—because they are always good.”

— Kyra Hopp

Senior Kendall Grandbois explained she is looking forward to visiting Cars Land, the food options at Disney, especially Dole Whip. 

Although seniors are excited to have good times at Disney, some said that they had some difficulty getting onto the trip due to costs, however, many seniors state that they will be able to attend. 

Seniors Samantha Arvin and Dylan O’Shea each shared that they had no difficulties signing up for this trip. 

“I signed up really early, so it wasn’t a problem for me like those who signed up later,” stated Arvin. 

In addition to the seniors attending, the SHS group will have at least four chaperones along with them—Mrs. Soto, Mrs. Kerns, Mrs. Peterson, and Mr. Atkins will be the chaperones for the trip. 

Teacher Daniel Atkins stated that there would be a certain number of chaperones per amount of students, just to keep watch. 

“They need a minimum number of staff chaperones per student going. So I am there to supervise and support,” stated Mr. Atkins. 

Besides having to keep watch on seniors, teacher Mr. Atkins also explained that he is excited to attend. 

“Yes! This is such a fun senior class and I am looking forward to a great trip,” shared Mr. Atkins. 

BTC hopes that this Disneyland trip is going to be a fun experience for the senior class and chaperones to make memories and celebrate the major accomplishment of graduating.