68°

Goodbye Winter… Hello Spring Break

Summerville+High+students+and+staff+alike+are+ready+for+Spring+Break.+
    Getty Images/iStockphoto
    Summerville High students and staff alike are ready for Spring Break.

SHS students and staff are excited for their upcoming plans for Spring Break. Where will they go? Staying at home all week, or spending it in a different county or country?

For some people, Spring Break poses as a perfect chance to mentally decompress, it is great for physical health and it allows enough time and space to catch up with anything that might require a bit more focus.

While for others, it is the perfect opportunity to get out and travel to some extent. This can mean going out of town to see family and friends, or going on a big trip out of the country.

Freshman, Trinity Starks shares her spring break travel plans.

“I’m going to go to my Nana’s house, in Danville, California. She has a pool and all of that and I’m just going to lay out by her pool and get a tan.”

For some, Spring Break is meant for lounging and resting. Although some people may have to, or choose to, work.

“I’m also going to work at her office to get some money,” Starks responded.

While Starks is working by option to make money, Junior JT Suza has to work because he needs money. Suza explains more about this.

“I’m going to work. That’s it. I need money. I like Spring Break, because I’m not here [at school],” Suza noted.

Students and staff think about their dream Spring Break vacation, where it would be, and what it would consist of.

Ms. Weller’s dream would be going to Bora Bora for a relaxing vacation.

“I want to stay in one of the little huts on the water. You wake up… well first you sleep in, and then you just get to dive into the ocean. That’s my dream vacation.”

Aside from dreams, Ms. Weller’s reality will be pretty busy all vacation.

“So first I have to go to a club volleyball tournament on Saturday. Then we are going to drive, my daughter doesn’t know any of this yet, we are going to drive from Sacramento to LA. Then do one day at Disneyland. Then we are going to drive to Palm Springs and go to Joshua tree, go hiking, and adventure. Then, we will drive to Death Valley then [head home]. And of course Easter,” Ms. Weller shared.

Sophomore, Sawyer Stark, is going on the Costa Rica trip with Mrs. Banks for a week. This trip will be from Saturday morning to early Tuesday morning.

When Starks was asked what her dream vacation is, she replied, “Probably spending the weekend in San Diego with all of my friends.”

Some teachers and students thought Spring Break would be a week earlier or a week later. Starks adds onto this idea.

“I feel like it’s in a good spot, but I would move it up a week so that my birthday is on Spring Break.”

Spring Break can be full of many surprises or vacations. SHS students and staff all have different plans for this week of relaxing or working.