44°

Boy’s Soccer

Summerville Boy’s Soccer beat Sonora 1-0

Summerville’s Boys Varsity Soccer team is heading off to the playoffs. Their opponent? The team will be decided on Monday.

Friday, February 16 will be the next playoff game. Summerville will host this game at their home field. The boys express their confidence in this game due to their teamwork compatibility.

Sophomore Bryson Benites states, “We are a strong team and I think we have a good chance to win. We have done really good so far.”

Similarly, freshman Connor Nixon shared, “I think we have a great chance at sections and even at state. I think we could go a long way.”

One teammate described their teamwork as a form of growth, starting rocky but forming stronger over time.

“It started off a little rocky, emotions were high, but the team pulled it together and now we work as a team and I think that’s why we beat Sonora,” shared sophomore, Tyler Garman.

Senior, Altin Hendricks stated “What lead our team to success is really just the bonding we have with each other and the trust we have of our defense and frontline.”

The boys all agreed that every player on the team was very talented. However, many players agreed that each player stood out more in their respective skills.

“I actually don’t think we have a strongest player, we are all really good at different things,” said sophomore, Wesley Andersen.

To add on, many players enjoyed this season. Along with having enjoyment in this season, players have been in this sport for many years.

“It’s fun, I’m learning a lot and I enjoy being with the upperclassmen,” shared freshman, Ali Talavera.

“I’ve been playing since I was 9, so 7 or 8 years,” shared team capitan, Rafael Woods.

From this time, players have confidence in themselves and their chances of winning their game.

“Yes, I think that if we work hard and stick to our plan, and just play as hard as we always do, we can do it,” said Altin Hendricks, senior.

“Well, we are first seat and I think we can carry on that number and be number one in the end,” shared Garman

Benites said “I Think that it’s going to be a tough game but if we play hard like how we have been, we can make it where we need to.”

From this point on, the rest of the Summervilles Boys Soccer Season is based on this next game. If the Boys lose this game, that will end their season. However, with the team’s confidence and support from Summerville High School, there is hope to win.

The boys season has been going on strong. The question remains. Will they win?