50°

2024 Trends: Which ones are here to stay?

THE+STANLEY.+One+of+the+latest+trends%2C+the+Stanley+Tumbler%2C+is+here+to+stay.+
Peyton Skinner
THE STANLEY. One of the latest trends, the Stanley Tumbler, is here to stay.

Stanleys, Uggs, flared leggings, hair bows, and other trends have infiltrated our campus. Are these trends here to stay? One such trend, the Stanley tumbler, can be seen on students and teachers desks alike.
While popular, most students agree that the latest trendy water bottle is overpriced and overrated.
“I think that they are cute, but way too expensive and too many people have them. Overall, I just think that the HydroFlasks are better,” said sophomore Linda Valadez.
Crisis counselor Mrs. Nelson likes “The Stanley,” but believes that they are not worth fighting over [referencing consumers physically fighting to get the most coveted Stanleys].
“Other water bottles have the same qualities and I think that it’s upsetting that people are hurting each other over a water bottle with a handle and straw,” stated Mrs. Nelson.
As well as the uptick in Stanley tumblers, Ugg boots have also been on the rise, not necessarily a new trend, but one that has resurfaced.
“The Uggs are [comfortable] and fashionable but some can be ugly,” stated freshman Zoe Rimmer.
Senior Jessica Winningham believes that the Uggs aren’t worth the hype.
“The Ugg trend is pretty dumb because they are expensive and get dirty too quickly,” she said.
Arguments could be made for the best trend of 2023 and the worst–the top contenders?
Athletic Director and PE teacher, Mr. Rouse weighed in on the situation.
“The best trend of 2023 was waking up in the morning and the worst was Crocs,” said Mr. Rouse.
Sophomore Cashis Hilton commented more on fashion trends and what he hopes to not see again soon.
“High schoolers wearing track suits and fancy or expensive shoes [would be the worst trend] there is no point to them–you have to be able to have a good shoe game to wear them,” said Hilton.
2024 will be telling on which trends are here to stay.