48°

SHS Students Showcase their Art

This+picture+presents+just+a+mere+sample+of+the+art+that+was+displayed+at+the+Art+Show+on+Dec.+7+in+the+library.+It+is+still+on+display+there+as+of+Dec.+8%2C+along+with+some+photos+from+the+various+photography+classes+here+at+Summerville.+
Grace Hohnbaum
This picture presents just a mere sample of the art that was displayed at the Art Show on Dec. 7 in the library. It is still on display there as of Dec. 8, along with some photos from the various photography classes here at Summerville.

Summerville Art Department teachers, Mr. Hall and Ms. Castle, host Summerville’s third annual Art Show. 

As the third annual art show approaches, Castle and Hall prepare to showcase their students’ art work to the SHS community. 

The purpose of this Art Show is to help showcase students’ artistic skills.

The purpose of the art show is to demonstrate students’ effort in development by highlighting artistic and professional skills,” Mr. Hall stated. 

Hall, Art and Photography teacher, mentions that the publicity of students’ art helps boost their confidence.

“Public exhibitions provide students with the opportunity to build their confidence by presenting their work in a vulnerable manner,” Hall says. 

This is the third-annual Art Show and each year serves the same purpose. Castle explains how the show is a way for students to meet deadlines.

“It’s all a part of meeting the curriculum. A big part of the creative process is meeting deadlines and presenting your work,” Ms. Castle said.

Senior Cielo Bueno, is a participant in this art show. She stated that the purpose of this Art Show is to gain feedback and meet a deadline. 

“Feedback is probably the main purpose, although it could also be about the deadline. We have not really had a tight deadline like this so far,” Bueno said. 

Bueno also believes it’s a great idea to help art get out into the community. 

“I think it’s good to show your art out there. I usually just keep my art in my room, so it’s helpful to get it out there,” Bueno continued. 

Many attended the show on Dec. 7 at the SHS library. 

“It was a really interesting experience. I got to see a lot of different styles of art and different techniques people use,” Senior Kennedy Brouns stated. 

Through the attention drawn to the show, some are looking to see others appreciate their art. 

“I will probably gain at least one person who will tell me that my art looks good and I need social validation,” commented senior Eri Morasky.