50°

Elevate Tuolumne: A new indoor action park coming to Tuolumne County

%E2%80%9CI+believe+it+will+bring+more+things+to+do+in+our+town%2C+but+also%2C+bring+more+athletes+that+have+started+from+an+earlier+age%2C%E2%80%9D+Mr.+Rouse%2C+SHS+athletic+director+stated.+A+place+for+our+community+to+make+memories+and+have+a+good+experience.+
“I believe it will bring more things to do in our town, but also, bring more athletes that have started from an earlier age,” Mr. Rouse, SHS athletic director stated. A place for our community to make memories and have a good experience.

It is no secret that youth facilities have been limited in Tuolumne County. 

The TEDA Inc. team, in partnership with the Tuolumne Band of Me Wuk Indians, wanted to make a change. From there, they proposed and created a 20,000 square foot indoor action park that contains various entertainment attractions—and “Elevate” was the vision.

This new indoor recreation center is located on the Black Oak Casino property, adjacent to the Bear Creek Gas Station.

Ignacio Finlay (manager of Elevate) and the TEDA Inc. team began thinking of ideas of how they could improve this community. 

Finlay then shared his thoughts on how he could accomplish his goals.

“What new things could the TEDA Inc. team and I introduce to our resort guests and to our community that will Elevate their experience while visiting the property?” Finlay proposed.

The TEDA Inc. team thought of and created multiple entertainment games and zones for their new indoor action park.

Inside the building there will contain a trampoline zone, dodgeball zone, a foam pit, ninja course, basketball dunk zone and a soft play area for toddlers. There will also be two ax throwing lanes, four multi sport simulators, two party rooms, and a concession area. 

Most of the building is complete with an anticipated open date by the end of 2023. Freshman Priscilla Brand said, “It sounds very entertaining and it sounds like you can never get bored there.” (Darla Vogt)

Outside of the building there will be two batting cages.  

Opening a new establishment also means creating jobs. Elevate is looking to employ up to 10-12 employees either full time or part time, with employment beginning as soon as this month. 

Requirements for employment include communication skills both verbal and written. All employees must provide evidence of a high school diploma or proof of being a current student. It is preferred to have a CPR and First Aid certification as well.

The times and days of being open have not been finalized just yet, although they are hoping to be open Wednesdays to Sundays during evening hours.

Having this new entertainment in town brings lots of new thoughts to SHS staff.

Mrs. Garcia shares her perception on Elevate.

“It is exactly what Tuolumne County needs. They need fun stuff for the kids. It’s a great location; it’s easy to get into and it’s for all ages. Adults can go in there with their kids. Our county needs it.”

Tuolumne County and SHS have been waiting for a new family entertainment location. 

Finlay adds to this idea that Elevate will make sure that all ages can have a fun experience.

“Our goal at Elevate is to not only provide our resort guests with a fun family experience, but to also bring the community together to have the experience of a place where it can become a hang out spot for all ages.”

Finding a place for all ages to have a good time in Tuolumne County can be difficult sometimes. With the new exception of Elevate, it will be easier to have more activities to do, all in one place.

Ms. Bennett, English teacher, expressed her thoughts about this new location.

“It’s a great option for our youth to have fun, hang out and have different activities to do,” stated Ms. Bennett. 

SHS staff are looking forward to Elevate, while they have not released their opening date, teachers are still happy hearing about the new community-spot.

The grand opening date is still not finalized, although Elevate is hoping to open by the end of December, 2023.