Leadership Development Day

Mitchell Prevost is showing off his first place outfit for the newspaper talent show. He felt excited to be there and happy to meet new people. Participating in this talent show brought him out of his shell.

Sydney Taylor, Reporter

On Jan 24, the Motherlode League annual leadership conference was held at Summerville Union High School.

The conference consisted of leadership activities and working with others as well as participating in games and meeting other members from different Associated Student Body groups.

The conference included the schools of Summerville, Sonora, Bret Harte, Amador, Linden, Calaveras, and a few of the different local elementary schools so that the younger kids could experience the ASB activities.

Joining us from the CASL Organization, (California Association of Student Leaders), Brody Kaster explained why he enjoyed coming to spend time with the leadership kids and his favorite part.

“My favorite part is always that one moment when someone says ‘oh I get it’ or ‘oh I’m gonna change this,’”said Kaster.

Kaster brought unique leadership skills to the conference and enjoys spreading leadership qualities with others.

When asked what he learned at the conference, junior and ASB member Mitchell Prevost stated, “Not everything is wrong, it’s just different.”

Bringing leadership through ASB is important for students to learn and be a part of. Learning leadership skills is something that young students will apply to the rest of their lives.

Leadership Development Day