80°

Take Me Out To The Ballgame

Summerville Varsity baseball makes it to playoffs.
    Mr. Suggs
    Lucca Peterson voiced his opinion on this year’s baseball season. “It’s been a good and fun season just playing with all the boys and I mean winning is fun, so it’s been a great season.”

Summerville varsity baseball was named number one in the Motherload League this season and are scheduled to play in the San Joaquin Section Playoffs on Wednesday May 15 at Bradshaw Christian. During the first round of playoffs, Summerville baseball took home a win against Escalon with a 10-0 victory.

Senior Jarret Whitney stated, “my top highlight was definitely the last game, that walk off home run that I hit. It was the first round of playoffs and it was probably the best game we’ve played all year.”

He went on to explain what’s next for the team and how playoffs will work.
    “Next we’ll play Bradshaw Christian. It’s a three game series so we play them twice and if we win both games we’ll go on to play a third game. That would be the semi finals we would go to and then the championship game,” said Whitney.

The varsity baseball team consists of Lucca Peterson (12), Jarret Whitney (12), Brody Peters (12), Charlie Yaley (12), Marcus Rodriguez (11), Walker Crook (11), Bert Sundling (11), Liam Evans (11), Zach Sundling (11), Bryce Rathmel (11), Luke Larson (10), Tyler Karpus (11), and Aidan Ripley (9).

After winning the Escalon game senior Lucca Peterson shared how he felt about the team’s victory.

“It was a pretty fun game and the energy was high, everyone was playing good, and I mean that’s just what we want in the playoffs. I felt pretty good about it and whatever we have coming next,” voiced Peterson.

He went on to explain his biggest highlight overall this season.

“I don’t know just being with all the boys everyday but one of my highest points was probably hitting a home run against Amador and I absolutely pimped it so that was fun,” said Peterson.

Senior Brody Peters also commented on his experiences with his last season on the Summerville baseball team.

“We’ve done very well actually. It’s been the most productive baseball season since I think 2015 so we’re doing pretty well,” stated Peters.

Summerville varsity baseball had had an incredible season from flying to Arizona to each and every victory they brought home. Beyond the Cave wishes them luck in playoffs.