2018: Hope for the new year

STICKING TO IT: How many resolutions will survive the year? Savannah Eggar, a freshman at Summerville, talks about what happened to last years resolution.

STICKING TO IT: How many resolutions will survive the year? Savannah Eggar, a freshman at Summerville, talks about what happened to last years resolution. "I forgot about them." Said Eggar.

Araya Hopp, Staff Reporter

The new year is already flying by. Can you believe it’s almost three weeks into the new year? That’s 5 percent of the year and it is gone. Have you made any changes yet?

Students across Summerville Union High School campus have made New Year’s resolutions. While the others do not believe in them or do not participate in resolutions, they instead believe that people should be improving themselves all year long.

Kaila Lloyd, a sophomore at Connections Academy, explained her view on resolutions.

“People don’t follow through, so I don’t see the point if they aren’t going to make it. But I think it’s cool and gets people motivated,” Lloyd stated.

For few, the new year pushes them to break bad habits, get healthier, or better grades. However, not many go through with them or may start and never finish.

Moreover, Amy Peterson, a dance and physical education teacher at Summerville, shared her opinion on the topic.

“I don’t believe in New Year’s resolutions. You should live your best day by day and so if you’re focusing on goals and being a better person and doing things you want to accomplish, that should be daily. You shouldn’t wait for a certain day to do that,” Mrs. Peterson stated.

New Year’s resolutions have flaws. They fall short and usually don’t end up completed. If you want it, go for it now, don’t wait until the next start of a new year.

2018: Hope for the new year