Seniors Take Over Basketball

Senior+Grace+Fulkerson+is+being+guarded+by+coach+Devol+and+teammate+Kaci+Elkins.+She+follows+through+and+practices+making+a+shot+on+the+hoop.+The+Girls+varsity+team+is+working+hard+to+be+at+the+top+of+their+game+for+season.+%0A%22This+season+is+going+to+be+so+competitive+and+I+am+so+excited%2C+said+Fulkerson.%22+
Senior Grace Fulkerson is being guarded by coach Devol and teammate Kaci Elkins. She follows through and practices making a shot on the hoop. The Girls varsity team is working hard to be at the top of their game for season.

Senior Grace Fulkerson is being guarded by coach Devol and teammate Kaci Elkins. She follows through and practices making a shot on the hoop. The Girls varsity team is working hard to be at the top of their game for season. "This season is going to be so competitive and I am so excited, said Fulkerson."

Victoria Smith

Victoria Smith

The girls varsity basketball team is already in the beginning of preseason and putting in hard work at practices to rise above the other teams in the league. One thing that sets the girls basketball team apart from other teams is that they are dominated by seniors.

There are only four underclassmen on the varsity team this year. Karina Herrera is currently a senior on the girls varsity basketball team and looks forward to playing this season with the underclassmen.

Herrera stated, “We are going to be a lot more focused on what we have to do in order to win because it’s our last year.”

The seniors are in high spirits for the season and have a desire to make their last year count. They have confidence that the underclassmen will help create a dynamic team and bring their own strengths to the games.

Serafina Peterson is currently a sophomore and has been playing on the varsity girls basketball team since freshman year. The basketball girls believe it will be an exciting season and hope to make it to playoffs this year

Peterson stated, “I’ve grown up with all the seniors so I really enjoy playing with them and they are really good role models.”

Coach Smith has coached several of the seniors for multiple years and is excited to see them dominate the league this year. He is in high hopes for this this season and has a lot of confidence that this team will win a majority of their games.

“I’m really excited about this year because last year we won thirteen games and this year will be winning more than that,” coach Smith stated. “We have a really good class coming up and the girls are putting in a lot of effort so we will have some studs coming up to replace the seniors.”

Seniors Take Over Basketball