Filed under Feature

SHS Appreciates Office Staff

INSPIRE.+The+office+staff+and+aids%2C+Rebecca+Hart%2C+Alyssa+Price%2C+Deedee+Murry%2C+and+Kim+Hamblin+%28left+to+right%29+enjoy+working+together+in+the+office.+The+office+aids+are+encouraged+by+the+kind+and+considerate+attitude+of+the+office+staff%2C+as+their+presence+has+motivated+them+to+be+more+friendly.+%E2%80%9CI+love+being+an+example+of+the+office+for+Summerville+students%2C+and+I+love+working+with+the+office+ladies+because+they+are+so+sweet%2C%E2%80%9D+stated+Hart.+
INSPIRE. The office staff and aids, Rebecca Hart, Alyssa Price, Deedee Murry, and Kim Hamblin (left to right) enjoy working together in the office. The office aids are encouraged by the kind and considerate attitude of the office staff, as their presence has motivated them to be more friendly. “I love being an example of the office for Summerville students, and I love working with the office ladies because they are so sweet,” stated Hart.

Amanda Frese

Amanda Frese

With welcoming smiles, and bright personalities, the Summerville Union High School office staff complete their daily tasks, while making every student, faculty member and visitor feel appreciated. Summerville cherishes the kind office staff, as they provide much-needed help and guidance, as well as delicious candies.

However, the office staff also enjoys the presence of Summerville students. Business Services Assistant, Shari Rago, explains her joy in working with such caring high schoolers.

“I love the students, they are the best part of my day. I love every student that comes to my window, or any student that I make contact with, our students are amazing,” stated Rago. “I have never met a school with so many polite and kind students. Before I even get to say ‘thank you, have a good day,’ they say it first, it’s so sweet.”

Not only does the office staff love the students they greet every day, but the business of their jobs and the presence of their co-workers. Attendance Secretary Cindy Jensen delights in the hustle and bustle of the office, as well as the relationships with her fellow workers.

“I love that I am constantly busy, and I get to solve a lot of problems. I help all the people that come through the door, as I am the first one they see,” stated Jensen. “I love the people I work with, they are wonderful and we have all become very good friends. It’s a great thing to go to work when I know I have that friendship and support every day.”

In addition to the enjoyment of their daily tasks, the office ladies also cherish the memories of past years. School Secretary Deedee Murry treasures the memories of working while her daughters attended Summerville, and watching them graduate.

She said, “My favorite memory was getting to hand out diplomas to the students. Because I am part of the staff, I got to hand out diplomas to my daughters Morgan and Melissa at their graduation.”

While the office staff savors their time spent at Summerville during the work week, they also enjoy activities outside of the office. Chief Business Official Jessica Lozoya describes her hobbies and outside activities.

She said, “When I am not working in the office, I like to go hiking, be with my friends, and enjoy life.”  

In addition to their outside interests, the office staff also reunites to play Bunco, a dice game, in which players are divided into groups of four to simultaneously roll dice for points.

“We are all part of an office bunco group, we have dinner and we have really fierce Bunco games. There is a lot of winners and losers,” stated Cindy Jensen.

Summerville High appreciates these fun-loving attitudes in the office, as the office staff’s personalities positively impact the students’ lives while they attend high school, and as they discover their future. Registrar Kim Hamblin shared meaningful advice to those pondering life after high school.  

“My advice for the kids is that there is no dream too big, do whatever it is that you want to do,” she stated. “Study hard because there are certain things that you will have to achieve, but don’t be afraid of hard work. Dream as big as you want because anything is possible.”

Summerville High gives thanks to the office staff for their loving concern in the lives of students, as well as their positive attitudes, and their thoughtfulness as they carry out their work.

Work hard, and go after something that you love. Don’t chase money, and it will never be work. ”

— Deedee Murry

SHS Appreciates Office Staff